ISPs blocking smtp port 25.. can Jodo offer another port?

QuietCalm

Perch
Hi

More and more ISPs are blocking mail smtp port 25. Now I know that customers can use their ISP smtp settings to resolve this.. BUT maybe as a suggestion I would ask that JODO offer a secondary smtp port for such customers.

Why? Because more customers are mobile these days and this trend is going to continue to grow in numbers. 8o

Another host using hsphere created a smtp port like "1025" and all mobile users are very happy. Since switching customers to jodo I have been getting complaints over not having an alternative smtp port for my mobile customers. And this is a pain as they connect through many different ISPs as they are mobile.

Now when the hsphere panel gets upgraded, a script would have to be run to reset the port, or be recreated manually but that does not seem to be too big a deal considering how many mobile users there are out there. ;)

What say you Jodo on this positive suggestion? ?(

Thanks

QuietCalm

Well I'll be darned!

Thank you! That is fantastic.

Can't wait until all my customers are migrated to Jodo... I will be adding your support services at that time as well.

Well done and I gota tell you.. thanks to jodo for listening to customers. Sound like it should be normal but so many hosts just do not do that - even with resellers. I appreciate that!

QuietCalm

Maybe I should sticky this thread, it has come up a few times over the past year. This would help answer it swiftly.

Typically in advanced settings of outlook or thunderbird, SMTP Outgoing server section where it has port number "25" put in "587"

Back