jmail / mail server problems AGAIN!

Logan

Perch
Anyone else having problems sending e-mail with jmail? Ticket #31305 submitted.

Also, still not getting e-mail confirmation of my tickets (in case JH cares).

This problem started about an hour ago. HSphere stops sending out email notifications and stops receiving tickets. This is accompanied by your JMAIL problem

Our mail server on the otherhand is working just fine so customers are receiving emails normally

Normally, rebooting the CP server solves this issue but since it is occuring regularly, we have contacted PSOFT for a permanent solution. Unless you consider JMAIL very important, I request you wait for a few hours and let us try solving this permanently with PSOFT

Yash said:
This problem started about an hour ago. HSphere stops sending out email notifications and stops receiving tickets. This is accompanied by your JMAIL problem
Normally, rebooting the CP server solves this issue but since it is occuring regularly, we have contacted PSOFT for a permanent solution. Unless you consider JMAIL very important, I request you wait for a few hours and let us try solving this permanently with PSOFT

What is the status of this problem. It has been almost 8 hours since I submitted my ticket and still no resolution.

EDIT: Sorry the problem was resolved several hours ago with a restart

We are however still looking for a permanent solution. Your ticket will be updated once we solve this permanently

Yash said:
EDIT: Sorry the problem was resolved several hours ago with a restart

But I am still getting the error "The message was undeliverable. All servers failed to receive the message" when jmail is trying to send e-mail.

I changed your code to use the local mail server. Its working now

We are still investigating why JMail is having issues sending email through our mail server's SMTP

Yash said:
I changed your code to use the local mail server. Its working now

We are still investigating why JMail is having issues sending email through our mail server's SMTP

I have changed the rest of my site to use the local mail server. You need to let me know when this is fixed so I can change my site back, unless I can leave it using the local mail server for a long-term solution.

You can leave it as localhost and it is recommended you use the local mail server anyway. It directly integrated into IIS and its faster that connecting to a mail server on a different OS

Don't know what problem you are referring to. If you are referring to the JMAIl problem faced by Logan, the solution was to use localhost as your SMTP server

Back