Jodohost is unavailable!

nzkiwi

Perch
All Jodohost is inaccessible. This includes The jodohost.com, resellerdesk.jodohost.com, clients on cluster 1 web5, web6, web9, web11, mail4, mail5 and probably more.

Just in case it's an upstream problem I use OpenDNS as my nameservers on my local network

Same here on AT&T midwest US. Tracert is 'unable to resolve target system name' for all JH-related domains (and mine...) No mail either.

I'm connecting through a proxy in France right now. There seems to be major disruption elsewhere.

Looks like everything has finally come back up. It was down for at least 90 minutes here. Even the forums went down about 30 minutes ago. Although I didn't see any non JH sites down I'm guessing it must have been fairly wide spread as all JH hosted sites and mail was down plus the reseller helpdesk and the forums too.

It seemed to be a DNS issue around the internet.........all back up now...........WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe...........z

There was a major backbone failure, honestly am not sure where at this point, it seemed to be a lot of cogent transit points offline, but we were still alive here, just some routes could not reach us. I took a snapshot of the internetpulse.com website at the point of the reports people (including our India staff that reported it to me immediate) that showed a lot of outages.

It's not completely back to normal yet. I notice if I switch between using OpenDNS name servers and those of my ISP (in NZ) there are differences. Using OpenDNS, JH sites come and go, whereas using my ISP, there is now a reliable connection. Earlier on, it made no difference which name servers I used - all JH sites were down.

Possibly. This issue was very apparent when using OpenDNS name servers (US based), but much less so when using those of my ISP (NZ based), Strangely, I only hit the problem when trying to access domains registered with my Jodo reseller Name Servers. Perhaps related to DNS caching?? Anyway, as things have been back to normal for the last 2 days,

Yes, and this was today. I am not saying it was the cause but wondering if something similar.

Back