Jodohost technial support : It Amazes me

jodohost support center is in India/Delhi and data center is in US. What amazes me that with this setup they are able to provide seamless on time technical support. Even the data center shift.

For me to support a web hosting company data center remotely is a scary thought.

How do they do it ? I wonder what kind of GUI tools they would be using ? May be terminal services for Window and something like VNC or EXCEED for unix ?

Any input from jodohost staff would be appreciated.

Our servers are attended in US Data Center on 24 hr basis. Many tasks are performed in US. In India, we do only those tasks which can be done efficiently. This way we maintain high degree of reliability.

Well, whenever we have some major problem on our servers and they go offline, we of course can't gain access to them. We have a remote hands and eyes contract with the datacenter our servers are in so troubleshooting of many major problems (like MSSQL3 we faced recently) is done by them. Our servers are pinged by them every 5 minutes. If any server goes online, they would attempt to diagnose and fix the problem. We of course are billed for time spent by them.

Here in India our administrators mainly handle support requests and various server tasks. So the work is divided. Whatever we can achieve from India is done in India. What we can't is in the management contract we have with our datacenter.

I had the same concern but was amazed by the way you were able to handle the MSSQL3 downtime issue. Now I understand how. I rarely see your other admins (Sanjeev, asheeshb, etc) posting. Why?

There is nothing really for them to answer because Atul or I get to it first :) They do of course post occasionally if you look around.

Maybe when this forum gets more popular, you'd see all of us posting more often.

Any of jodohost customers have 24 X 7 support requirments ?

Even though the support is not provided 24 X 7 most users active on forum give high marks to technical support ?

Seems like TAT for ticket system is good.

Just wondering if any of jodohost customer has 24 X 7 technical support requirments ?

We normally answer a ticket within 30 to 60 minutes during our working hours. We are able to answer tickets during our non working hours in an average time of 4 hours.

We have extensive help guides detailing everything about the Control Panel so most support tickets are regarding special requests like Parent Paths of permissions.

Re: Any of jodohost customers have 24 X 7 support requirments ?

BarryHern said:
Just wondering if any of jodohost customer has 24 X 7 technical support requirments ?

I was previously with GearHost.com. Their prices are much more higher than that of jodo's and they claim 24x7 Support. Average response time for me was 6 hours with them. Somtimes they used to leave certain questions unanswered for 48 hours.

JodoHost doesn't claim 24x7 support but their support clearly beats many companies that do claim

Re: Any of jodohost customers have 24 X 7 support requirments ?

I was also with GearHost. Many times I never even got a response to my trouble tickets. Typically, I would get a response, via email, when the problem was resolved, which was sometimes days later.
-Dave

Same here, though I wasn't with GearHost before (came from other hosting company) and their support actually was good, I still see that support here, at Jodohost is very very close to 24/7. But again, I don't require a 24/7 support - my site is not a hard commercial one, so not a big problem if it'll be a downtime or something a couple of hours.

StPatrick said:
Same here, though I wasn't with GearHost before (came from other hosting company) and their support actually was good, I still see that support here, at Jodohost is very very close to 24/7. But again, I don't require a 24/7 support - my site is not a hard commercial one, so not a big problem if it'll be a downtime or something a couple of hours.

I used to host with datapacket.net. They offer similiar features for the same price...minus 5 domains per account and no subdomains allowed. Their customer support was almost non-existence. It took them forever to answer the questions. Now switching to jodohost, I know I made a good decision once in my life :)

Back