Large MySQL database difficulties

Hey guys,

I haven't had much trouble with the services here so I haven't had any reason to post in a while, but I've got a problem that tech-support still hasn't been able to handle for me and I'm getting impatient so I was hoping I could get some assistance here.

I've got a MySQL database that I've built locally using several VERY large text files from various sources. The resulting database has approximately 16,000 records in it. The exported SQL dump file is approximately 26 megabytes so uploading it through phpMyAdmin is pretty much out of the question. I've tried zipping it, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I need help figuring out how to get this large database uploaded and I'd really rather not deal with taking the database apart (13 pieces at 2 megs each) and uploading them through the painlfully slow http upload facility of phpMyAdmin.

Any suggestions? It seems like there must be an easier way.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

That's what I expected, but that doesn't seem to be working. I don't know if the support staff is just really busy lately, but I've been trying to get that done for over a week. Between the terribly slow response times to tickets, and the Live Chat being down for the majority of the week, it seems to be taking forever.

By the way, I don't mean to sound unsatisfied. I've been here for over a year, and have been very satisfied with the service, price, and until now, the support. It's just that this particular issue seems to be taking forever. Concerning this issue, I've started 2 tickets, sent an email to the helpline, had numerous live chat sessions, and tried unsuccessfully numerous times to speak to someone over Live Chat. Now, 9 days later, the issue still isn't resolved.

We regret for delay in response, your ticket has been replied by our Support Team.There was some problem with the ticket you opened which caused all this Issue. Also if still you are having any query then open a new ticket instead of reopening the old one.

Thank you so much for your quick response. Looks like everything is working as expected.

And as for the ticket issue, I kind of thought there might be a problem with the ticket. I've never seen response times that slow from you guys so I figured there might be a glitch in the H-Sphere software.

Thanks again. :D

Back