Limits

I am planning to purchase a reseller account within three weeks. However, before I make a commitment, I'd like to get answers for the following:

1.) Ideally, how many web sites (assuming average traffic, small business e-commerce web sites) may be hosted, say, under the SilverHost plan?

2.) Suppose I have, say, a SilverHost plan. Can I request a 2nd SilverHost plan? I realized that it will be too costly to keep on requesting additional transfers and disk space if ever I need to create new accounts.

3.) How will my subscribers pay me? Is it through H-Sphere?

Many thanks in advance!

1) You can host around 500 sites easily. But assuming that each customer uses a small amount of bandwidth. When we mean unlimited, we really do. The sites are split across our servers so don't worry

2) You can. But you'll have to setup a new service domain for your control panel. I'd recommend you upgrade however

3) You need to buy a payment gateway and integrate it into hsphere. Read the docs

But of course depending on the allocation of resources, 500 sites might be at some point too many for even PlatinumHost (again assuming small business, average traffic, e-commerce web sites).

I honestly never thought of the plan upgrade option. It sounds good actually. Anyway, if ever an upgrade of reseller plan is necessary, say from SilverHost to GoldHost, that won't put my clients' web sites down right?

For the billing, I was actually thinking of collecting payments through my own web site and record their payments my self. Unless there is a better way.

Oh by the way, I already have non-reseller account with you guys. Do I have to "destroy" that account when I get the a reseller account?

Thanks.

1) No, you can upgrade at the click of a mouse. No downtime involved. it just gives you more resources

2) If you have one of the supported gateways, you can integrate it with Hsphere and the automation will save you alot of time. If you don't have any, you could manually handle billing by asking them to select "Check" as their payment mode while registering. In this case, although the system will send the customer an invoice every month, you have to tell them where to go on your site and pay. When they pay, you have to credit their account manually

3) You can ask us to shift your non-reseller account under your reseller account

Back