Linking a domain I have with 123-reg

[RESOLVED] Linking a domain I have with 123-reg

I have a .co.uk domain which I registered with 123-reg. I understand that in order to point that domain to the the service being hosted here, I need to change the DNS records of the domain in my 123-reg config page. Could someone please explain to me how to do this? I don't want to transfer my domain to you, I'm happy with 123-reg. I would just like to know how to point it to your servers.

Thank you
-Tom

I am not familiar with 123-reg. however in their Control Panel there should be an option on domain management. Under that look for Name Server section.

When you transfer your domain for hosting purpose, you will get JodoHost DNS with IPs. Enter these details at 123-reg.

Also visit http://www.jodohost.com/stepstosetupwebsite.asp for steps to setup your website with JodoHost.

Do I have to transfer the domain to be able to use it with your hosting? If so, does that then mean that I'll no longer have 123-reg's service?

Thank you again.

Right, I've followed the intructions in the flash presentation for 123-reg. But it didn't ask me for an ip. I put ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2 for the nameservers.

So, what do I have to change in my H-Shpere control panel?

Thank you.

Oh and the domain I set up when I signed up for the hosting, was a username.jodoshared.com one, if that helps any.

You do not have to change anything.
You just have to wait for 24 to 72 hours and it will be resolving.

Hope it helps.

tomgibbons said:
Do I have to transfer the domain to be able to use it with your hosting? If so, does that then mean that I'll no longer have 123-reg's service?

Thank you again.

No, you do not have to transfer your domain to us. And the flash tutorial only tells you how to create your own name servers which would be irrelevant to you unless you want to hide our our name servers

Just do this. From your domain registrar's control panel, you should find an option to change name servers. Over there, type in ns1.jodoshared.com as primary and ns2.jodoshared.com as secondary. Once done, you'll have to wait 48 hours for it to propogate. Make sure you have added this domain to your hosting control panel

I'm getting messages about a top level domain lookup. I had an error earlier which was apparently sent to tech support. I can't remember what it said and I can't reproduce it. Would this have anything to do with it being a .co.uk domain ?

Hi Tom

I just checked your account and believe e***.co.uk is the concerned domain, am I correct? If so, you have set it up and changed the name servers to ns1 and ns2.jodoshared.com correctly

All you have to do now is wait 48 to 72 hours while these changes propogate and your site will start serving from our servers.

You can upload your files via FTP immediately and view your site while it propogates through the Instant Domain Alias (you can find it at Web Options > yourdomain.com)

Back