Logging into osCommerce admin section

mike333

Guppy
I can access and see the database I created on the phpMyAdmin page with the username and pass I set up for the osCommerce (using the databasename_username combo for the username) on one of my sites but when I try to log in to the admin section of osCommerce for that site the same username and password will not allow me access.

I do notice when I go to MySQL database management that the database has this comment "mikes_shop (Locked By osCommerce)" Do I need to change a setting here ?

I just figured that I could use the same username and pass I use for the phpMyAdmin to get access.

Im also thinking it might be a security setting I have screwed up on IE.

I am using IE 6.0 and when from the cp I click to admin osCommerce I am getting the pop-up username and password box. I enter the same username and pass that allow me access to the database on the phpMyAdmin page and still no luck.

I also tried adding a new user to the database granting dba access to the new user and trying that user name and password and still cant get in to admin.

?(

Thanks Mike

{Side Note}
What settings do I need to change on IE to get the DAMMMMM " Security Information- this page contains both secure and non security items - Do you want to display the non secure items" Pop-up from coming up on EVERY PAGE in every one of my cp's.

Soon to be carple tunnel victim !

*bump

I have the same issue, anyone know the default username and password to log into the admin backend?

Thanks Legalalien, it had to be the only passy I didn't try ;(

Is it documented anywhere coz I sure as hell couldn't find anything.

cheers

not that I could find. I'm not sure Jodo have any documentation for oscommerce? I've found out all I needed to know through the oscommerce website. Their forum is widely used and very busy. I'm still deciding as to whether I want to use it. It seems like a really good program - I'm just biased towards using ASP since I know a little more about it - though not THAT much more... :D

I searched the psoft.net forum and couldn't find anything. We use cactushop for SME ecommerce sites, it's ASP and designed to be tweaked by coders :D

nex0r said:
I searched the psoft.net forum and couldn't find anything. We use cactushop for SME ecommerce sites, it's ASP and designed to be tweaked by coders :D

Thanks for sharing - I'll definately check them out. I currently use Q-shop www.quadcomm.com which is also really easy for coders to customize.

Back