looking for asp dot net store front feedback

cdog

Perch
We're considering using asp dot net storefront as a cart solution for some of our larger customers just wondering if anyone here at jodo has used their software and if so have you been happy with its performance and scalability.

Thanks in advance

If memory serves, that is the cart we tried to get working for a customer without success. It had something to do with operating in full trust versus medium trust, as well as not being able to utilize Authorize.net for CC processing..

If I were to make a suggestion, go with a PHP/MySQL cart on a Linux server if possible. We are currently using osCommerce and SquirrelCart. SC is really great and functional, highly configurable, very active forums and development, and the price is well worth it (something like $130 for the base cart without all the extra modules that most carts don't need, but not much more for those modules if you need them)..

Thanks for the reply
We'll check SC out as a linux based solution for other customers but .net is a customer requirement for this job

Was it a recent version of the cart that you had the issues with?

Again, many thanks

It was probably about 8-10 months ago, so not a recent version assuming they've come out with a new version since then..

Thanks Kujo appreciate the feedback

I found a post on the issue you experienced and they pointed it back to the web hosts machine config and whether they allow access to sockets in their medium trust configuration.

Maybe Stephen or someone at support could post whether jodos machine config restricts access to sockets.

Thanks Kujo appreciate the feedback

I found a post on the issue you experienced and they pointed it back to the web hosts machine config and whether they allow access to sockets in their medium trust configuration.

Maybe Stephen or someone at support could post whether jodos machine config restricts access to sockets.
It does NOT allow right now, we are evaluating adding it but I've bee dealing with mail10 issue at priority, working on building a new replacement now so that if anything happens to another, we can bring it online as needed too.

my understanding was that it was only neccessary if you were using version 7+ or less as later versions will run in a medium trust environment(or so they say). I'll test that theory locally and see what happens :rolleyes:

We really just want to find a .net cart that scales well and doesnt start falling apart once it contains a few thousand products and associated options etc

The search continues

--- be sure to check out Znode. www.znode.com - Znode is an enterprise ready ASP.NET standards based platform. Higher price point than SC, but depending on the needs of the client, might be what you are looking for. You can view full demo and do source code trial directly from the site.

Back