Lost Connection during query from Navicat

These programs rely on persitant connections to MySQL. Such connections are mostly timebound in shared hosting. Unless MySQL allows a seperate variable for timeout ( or a diff protocol) to handle DB management, it will remain the same.

Edit - your navicat URL isnt working.

tanmaya said:
These programs rely on persitant connections to MySQL. Such connections are mostly timebound in shared hosting. Unless MySQL allows a seperate variable for timeout ( or a diff protocol) to handle DB management, it will remain the same.

Edit - your navicat URL isnt working.

Hmmm... the link works or me. Regardless here is what that link says:

2013 - Lost Connection to MySQL Server during query
The error you received "Error: 2013 (CR_SERVER_LOST) Message: Lost connection to MySQL server during query " is returned by MySQL and is due to server variables settings.

For more details on how to set the server variable to avoid this error, please refer to MySQL Manaul:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Gone_away.html

I still cant access it in IE or FF, even their homepage.
Anways, the answer still applies.
Check if it provides some auto-reconnect or timeout related option.

tanmaya said:
I still cant access it in IE or FF, even their homepage.
Anways, the answer still applies.
Check if it provides some auto-reconnect or timeout related option.

I found an auto reconnect every x seconds feature that I turned on. It definitely helps, but I still see it every so often, but nowhere near what is was. I may lower the reconnect time limit.

It is much better now. Thanks.

I don't use Navicat but instead an older version of MySQL-Front (the old freeware version not the newer paid version). It also occasionally times out. But, simply repeating whatever I was doing reconnects it to the server. For example, I enter new data in a field and tab to the next record to update the db; get the error; hit tab again and this time it updates.

The only bummer is that when the error happens, MySQL-Front plays the Windows error sound. I'm usually cranking tunes fairly loud so that "ding" is really loud! It sure wakes me up! :D

Tim

Back