Mail being blocked from mail3 & mail9, cluster 1

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
I've been having many complaints from customers over the past couple of weeks about mail being blocked, especially by RoadRunner. Servers include mail3 and mail9 on cluster 1. My own site uses mail3, which means I've also had to deal with many undeliverable messages. I see some other recent threads about mail being blocked from various servers.

Has something changed here? Are you guys not configuring mail servers with proper settings to meet ISP requirements? Has there been a rash of hacked sites? I'm getting hammered by a couple of vocal clients. And I hate being in a position where I can't do anything.

Tim

>>Has something changed here?
No, all settings are same as it is.
>>Are you guys not configuring mail servers with proper settings to meet ISP requirements?
This is not the case here. All settings are as per standard norms.
>>Has there been a rash of hacked sites?
Yes, now a days spamming issues increased due to which such problem occurred.We have been continuously monitoring, blocking spam sources and worked to de-list the IP from various RBL. However, we request you to open a support ticket with latest bounced message, so we can work further to resolve the problem.

We've seen a lot of peoples email addresses have super simple passwords leading to many problems, including their accounts being used to spam, we have to stop those when they happen. We have some very aggressive settings and alerts for the last couple weeks on mail servers, and we shut them down quickly when it happens.

We will probably send a mail soon and include a bit of a howto and suggestion on these grounds, also about FTP in them as the same type is allowing rouge files added to websites for spam purposes making redirector pages to content spammers control.

Back