Mail Enable delay messages

AndyLL

Perch
I have a client that was trying to forward all her email to Yahoo.

I wasn't working.

I assumed it was because no rdns was set so I had jodo set it and then I manually forwarded everything to yahoo through the mail enable admin program.

That was a mistake. The accounts are now receiving 1000s of those mailenable 'Delay' messages saying they'll keep trying for 29 hours.

Is there anyway to get it to stop? I would like to kill all outgoing pending emails for these accounts.

I have a client that was trying to forward all her email to Yahoo.

I wasn't working.

I assumed it was because no rdns was set so I had jodo set it and then I manually forwarded everything to yahoo through the mail enable admin program.

That was a mistake. The accounts are now receiving 1000s of those mailenable 'Delay' messages saying they'll keep trying for 29 hours.

Is there anyway to get it to stop? I would like to kill all outgoing pending emails for these accounts.
Ohhhh wow, sorry about the stack of messages, what you may want to do is go to the mailenable admin and uncheck the NDR delay messages.

Yahoo in particular is bad about this as they do an intentional greylisting that can even make every mail need to 'requeue' after 5 minutes to try again as a way to stop spammers they utilize this means.

Ohhhh wow, sorry about the stack of messages, what you may want to do is go to the mailenable admin and uncheck the NDR delay messages.

Yahoo in particular is bad about this as they do an intentional greylisting that can even make every mail need to 'requeue' after 5 minutes to try again as a way to stop spammers they utilize this means.

Nice to know there are setting for this.

I changed them and they didn't seem to take affect so I rebooted the VPS.

We'll see if that stops them

ok...

Under connectors => SMTP => Delivery

I checked: 'never send delievery delay notifications'
and
'Do not generate Non-delievery receipts'

Under connectors => post office properties => General settings

I set 'Do Not generate NDRs'

I'm still getting 1000s of 'Message Delivery Delay' messages

What have I missed.

Back