Mail server blacklisted again!!!!!!!!

yorri

Perch
I just sent an email to a friend and it was bounced back to me saying Jodohosts mail server is blacklisted by spamcop.

Remote host said: 550 This system is configured to reject mail from 69.61.29.5 [69.61.29.5] (Host blacklisted - Found on Realtime Black List server 'bl.spamcop.net')

I went to www.spamcop.net and entered this ip and it came back with this result.

I gather that someone is using Jodohost's mail server to send spam? I assume this because we were told that you own the entire range of ips so it can't be someone elses customer.

===================================================
69.61.29.5 listed in bl.spamcop.net. ( 127.0.0.2 )

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported less than 10 times by less than 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 15.2 days. It has been listed for less than 24 hours.

In the past week, this system has:
Been reported as a source of spam less than 10 times
Been witnessed sending mail about 220 times
A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Nov 13, 2003 7:00:pM -0500:
Received: from -.-.net (- [69.61.29.5]) -
-.-.-.net (-Postfix-) with SMTP -
- for <[email protected]>- Fri, - Nov 2003 -5-
- (-)
Subject: try our nutrition shake today - compliments of -

Yash said:
That is correct. We are looking into this.

I assume this wouldn't affect the incoming mail, would it.

What I mean is that the friend, who's isp is blocking this email wouldn't block her sending me email right? I think it only works one way but I just want to make sure because she was supposed to send me an email yesterday and I haven't received it but it could also just be that she was too busy.

Yash said:
It only affects outgoing email

It appears to have been removed...however I don't know if it is an automated thing or if it was because someone did something about it.

Yash, can you give an update please, thanks.

Back