Mail TimeStamp off by about 14 hours

Most of my email that arrived today was time stamped by HSphere about 14 hours in the future. This is from all different senders. But, 1 message today had a correct timestamp even though a previous message from the same person had the future timestamp.

Take a look at these headers form a message I received earlier:

Received: from dspam2.m****here.biz (204.14.107.93)
by mail.m****here.biz with SMTP; 26 May 2007 08:16:28 -0000

Thanks for you attention to this matter.

Brent

Something seems to be up with the mailservers.....my mail stopped coming in as of about five hours ago. I can see several messages with webmail, but Outlook is not downloading them......

There was an issue with the time sync cron job, it was not wroking properly, Neeraj fixed that after a client pointed it out.

So far as outlook not downloading mail, and being able to see them, that is odd, if they are there outlook should allow you to download them.

Yeah, agreed. Nothing changed in the mail server configuration, then? I have received a couple of more recent messages in the last hour. But there is still a block of 2-6 hour old mail that doesn't seem to want to come into Outlook.

Nothing but the time being corrected changed. I am wondering if outlook thinks it already picked them up?

Nothing but the time being corrected changed. I am wondering if outlook thinks it already picked them up?
That could be. Because it still won't pull them in. Test emails work fine and the most recent are coming through.

weird, sounds like an outlook bug, you coudl always FWD them to yourself from webmail, maybe try checking from POP3 with leave on server option checked as well.

Thanks for taking care of this. It's funny because the mail server is now delivering all of the future emails at the future time arrives.

Not a problem but just kind of funny.

Brent

There was an issue with the time sync cron job, it was not wroking properly, Neeraj fixed that after a client pointed it out.
Hey Stephen

It's June 4, 2007, about 2037 here in Ontario. I had a customer complain today about the time stamps and I just verified that the timestamp is 4 hours too fast. Mail sent here at 2040 shows up in DWMAIL with a timestamp of 0040 June 5.

When DL'd to Outlook, the time stamp is correct, FWIW.

Charles

Back