Mail!

OK. Well, I can't keep changing and deleting and testing and what not.

So, after thinking re-creation would fix the problem yesterday, it didn't.

Today's solution:
ANY site that is not on the SAME server as your reseller system domain must point their incoming/outgoing mail servers in OUTLOOK (or other third party mail software) to their reseller system domains mail server directly.

I don't know if this fix will hold. It seems like every change ends up working for about 24hrs. It also seems like the problems change every day, and are different for any number of people.

Anyways...

All clients on the same machine as my system domain work flawlessly.

All clients on a different machine have the following results:

incoming mail.client.com - can't find
outgoing mail.client.com - can't find
webmail http://mail.client.com - can't find

logging into horde via client cpanel -works.
incoming mail.mysystemdomain.com - fully functional
outgoing mail.mystemdomain.com - fully functional
client logging into webmail via http://mail.mysystemdomain.com - works

I would like to know a couple of things.

One, when can I guarantee my clients that this will no longer be an issue?

Two, is jodohost going to reconcile these problems with their invoicing (I got my invoice today)? How many days did I actually get with a fully functional reseller system?

I've been spending hours everyday attempting to find a fix for this problem. Jodo Support has been more than just responsive and I really appreciate that. But, if I can't even offer clients the possiblity of sending and retrieving email, I cannot continue offering hosting services.

I am quite sure that this dns issue has to do with jodo's growing pains. That being said, I have been frustrated with the lack of clear and concise answers (not even talking about solutions here.) The answers I give my clients end up being theories based on the vague descriptions of possible problems listed on these forums and in the support system.

If possible, when there is a system wide problem, resellers need to be notified immediatly with all possible information. This thread is great...

http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=1126

... but a little late to save resellers the number of red-cheeked moments we've had lately.

I would like to thank Jodo for being so responsive to all of our problems. The speed and availablity of your support is unprecedented. I hope all is cured soon so you can continue to grow and prosper (no matter how much some of us would like to keep you just to ourselves!)

Brent

Brent

You really should submit a ticket with your client's domain name so we can take a look

We'll begin a DNS move in the next 12 hours

The ticket has been open since Feb 6th. Response to the ticket was fast, but no solution was discovered and the ticket has been dormant since Feb 8th.

The only item not addressed in the ticket was my request to move the client onto the same server as my system domain. I'm not sure why that wasn't done.

It doesn't really matter now. We'll find out tomorrow if the DNS fixes the email problem.

Thanks,

Brent

Back