mail3 stil lacting slow.

Re: mail3 still acting slow.

oh boy.

this server holds a lot accounts, lots of emails aswell.

a migration of such would be huge.

It's been acting funny off and on the last month, I had to contact support couple times, about inbox issue not tracking messages correctly, it was Nothing major tho.

I hope no migration has to take place. 8)

the response times have normalised now.

Mail3 has been performing very good to my knowledge, it only slowed down this morning..

The load on this server reached 400, which is highly abnormal and we are still investigating what caused it.

This server needs no migration at all. It is on good hardware and has lesser domains that Mail4

thanks foir the info yash :D

when a mail server is acting up, clients tend to call quicker since its the first thing they notice.

Sometimes even before me. LOL

I understand, mail is a critical service.
Mail3's load is flutuating heavily.

Let me reassure all customers that no email is getting lost.. However, your access to the server may be sluggish as we sort this issue out..

I think Jodo does a real good job overall. Service, staffing, response times etc..

sometimes it really does not depend on the company to make things work. Sometimes other resellers can affect the way our business are run. Could be spaming of the mail server or big mail out.

Mail service is crucial for me and my clients I am sure it is for most of you aswell.

I contacted sales to see if it was possible to get a dedicated server installed for me to run my own email accounts off of, for my clients and my clients only. The response was that I could get it installed but I would have to pay a maintance fee plus the server monthly fee. Adding up to almost $300 for a fairly decent server. I think is a little high, I most definately want to keep my hosting with jodo. If we could have the option of not paying the maintance fee, I would definately look into purchasing 2 dedicated servers and run an email server and a relay server.

The solutions for dedicated servers are good options for us, not only for clusters but for other purposes also.

Other options like the semidedicated are good, I would love to see a semidedicated server for email, or just some package put out for an email server to be added to a reseller account.

This is just a thought that came to mind the other day.

Might be a little paranoid but I have been though hell when it comes to email servers.

The issue has been resolved now.
There was a load issue with the spam service, apparently it went crazy. Tanmaya will update you in a short while with the exact cause

These sort of issues are certainly not common. but can happen occasionally. The server only slowed down, incoming and outgoing email was not affected

I think Jodo does a real good job overall. Service, staffing, response times etc..

sometimes it really does not depend on the company to make things work. Sometimes other resellers can affect the way our business are run. Could be spaming of the mail server or big mail out.

Mail service is crucial for me and my clients I am sure it is for most of you aswell.

Yes I agree! Alot of issues is other clients or outsiders (Dos Attacts etc.) casusing problems. Other problems we are dealing with is we are using machinery, stuff breaks and alot of issues is out of JodoHost's control when stuff breaks. Alot of people I guess don't get this, has I see some ridiciouls post sometimes in the forums blaming JodoHost for stuff out of their control.

Support issues here, yes sometimes can be better, but any company it can always be better, and I can tell you JodoHost support is great compare to where I have been and delt with in the past. Look at the number of clients they are dealing with. Theres always room for improvement with any company, and I see JodoHost learning from their mistakes and working with their clients to make things the best possible experiance for them.

In July JodoHost is bringing in dedicated servers, just heads up on that. Their is some post in the forums on this.

Server load, mail queue everything is fine at the moment. please raise a ticket mentioning your domain name.

Back