@mail4.m****here.biz

OJM

Perch
I've just received 11 strange emails into my Inbox, all addressed from [email protected] hsphere.biz (mydomain.co.uk as in MY domain);

To:
Cc: recipient list not shown:
Subject:

Body:

Could anyone shed some light on what these are please? I've received a couple in the past, but never this many at once.

I also received a completely blank one, with no from, to or cc address.

These were all sent / received on Sun 12/02/2006 04:31 (GMT).

Thanks!

EDIT - I've had to spell my hsphere with a space, as it censors it out...!?

It censors it so google won't pick it up....

Looks like possibly a message with a virus that the AV services killed and the message did not get included indicating that. I will check with tanmaya and see if he thinks this is possibly the cause, or if maybe something else.

I get stacks of these every day - i've just set up a rule to delete them now but it would be nice to know the source/cause of them.

Greggers said:
I get stacks of these every day - i've just set up a rule to delete them now but it would be nice to know the source/cause of them.

I set up rules too, but half of the time they don't work. What's wrong with Outlook 2003!?

Tanmaya, I'll get hold of the headers once I'm home. Cheers!

As expected, It is a spoofed mail sent from an external address.
Possibly the spammer got your mail or tried to lookup the server's name in SMTP HELO. Then the forge mail was sent assuming it will bypass any antispam restriction on the server. This is what it looks like at the first sight.

Ah right, thanks.

I noticed the email address when I looked at the headers - should have done that in the first place really.

As long as I know it's not a real email that's gone crazy somewhere in the system.

Thanks for your help!

I think it could be a virus as well, as I got one of these from myself, but the ISP left it to only being one of my friends.

Back