MAIL5 Down?

Mail5 seems to be down. Whenever we try to access any of our client's on that server we get a "Directory Listing Denied" error message

mail5 is up and running well, I will check webmail that seems to be what you are talking about :)

And checked, working well on both clusters (both mail5)

my clients are trying to access with outlook. But I always try to access through webmail first (if I can't access there, then I know outlook probably won't work). When I try to access webmail, mail.editedout.com, I get the directory listing error.

When I try to access the mail server through Outlook it gets the error:
Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Something isn't right.

I've had several clients contact me today with strange issues. One client cannot access their control panel (they get the same Directory Listing error), while I can access their control panel. (Their mail server happens to be on MAIL5 and I can access it, but the client can't access their control panel)

I have this client who cannot access their e-mail. I also can't access their e-mail, but you say that you can. (2-3 on MAIL5 - In IE it shows a HTTP 403 error)

And I have a 3rd client who is saying that about half of their e-mails are getting lost in never land. One some go through and some get lost (on both the sending and receiving side) (MAIL1)

There is no rhyme or reason, they are not all located on the same servers. And these are just the few that I know are having issues.

To add another dimension to this, I just accessed the e-mail through the control panel (by clicking launch). I just can't access by trying to go to webmail directory or through Outlook.

BTW - I have support ticket ULZ-54751-867 referencing this issue

This sounds like DNS trouble to me.
It is working for me going to the mail address your provided (btw going to edit for privacy)

Sachin is telling me already worked on this matter for you and indeed it was due to a bit of DNS mess with server aliases, and he's rebuilt DNS aliases on that.

He checked and saw another conflict now, but it should fix quite quickly.

Back