Maintenance Window: WinVPS Servers Saturday June 9th, 11:30PM - Sunday 2:30AM

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We will be performing reboots, patches, and Virtuozzo upgrades on all WinVPS servers except WinVPS8 between the hours of 11:30PM Saturday June 9th and 2:30AM Sunday June 10th

The VPS servers will be restarted during this maintenance period. 25 minutes per VPS of outage should be expected during the reboot and patch cycle.

WinVPS8 patches were installed about 24 hours prior.

WinVPS1 will be the first to reboot in about 10 minutes if all update installs complete by then.

WinVPS1 had a small delay in reboot but it is back up now, and VPS servers are launching.

WinVPS2 is rebooted and up, VPSes starting, most VPSes on WinVPS1 are started now.

WinVPS2 just had an error and is restarting again. I am not rebooting any other VPSes until this is fully up.

I am rolling back the updates on WinVPS2, it is having blue screens with a newly updated file.

This is taking a bit longer than expected as I am having to do it from safe mode on KVM, but I am getting them uninstalled one by one. I am almost done.

Most of the VPSes are up, some still launching services, I am holding a moment before continuing with winvps3 to research the logs for on winvps2

Ok, continuing with winvps3 now, I believe this was a very isolated indicent, WinVPS2 is the only x64 server and it is a slightly different setup than the others, and the patch may have had an error beyond the one I noted above, but it was the trigger to that.
WinVPS3 will reboot in the next 10 minutes.

It is not quite done on updates, will be rebooting in next 60 seconds to 3 minutes max.

WinVPS3 is launching VPSes, it is well beyond where WinVPS2 has crashed, furthering my opinion it is isolated to that x64 edition and the update mentioned above.

WinVPS4 will reboot in the next 15 minutes

WinVPS4 has come up some time back and most VPSes are launched but services still starting, winVPS5 is next, in coming 3-10 minutes it will reboot.

WinVPS5 rebooting now

WinVPS5 is starting VPSes, some already up, WinVPS6 will reboot in the next 8-15 minutes.

Back