Making changes to site after uploading

I'm interested in starting a Value Windows Hosting Plan just to get my site up. I have no idea about the traffic levels there will be but I can always upgrade at anytime as I have read on your site (hopefully I will have to :D).

I have developed my website with Asp.net and Sql Server 2005. This is my first site so I am curious how I would make changes to the database or website after uploading to your servers. I have read that I will not have access to my Sql Server which is a little scary because I would like to be able to query the data for analysis, write new stored procedures, or build indexes if I need to.

I'm curious how hard it would be to get my database and web app back to my computer so that I could make any changes, add functionality, or do data analysis and then reupload to put the site back up.

Also I am using SMTP mail service for registration on my site which I set up in IIS on my desktop with a domain name. I'm curious if I would need to change any code to point to a different domain, or if you would set up this domain in IIS for me? (Not sure as I have no experience with Windows hosting)

Thanks for contacting us for your web-hosting needs.

1) As per your description, because your website need ASP.Net and SQL 2005 you need a Windows Hosting account. You may start with our Value Windows account and upgrade to next higher package anytime from your hosting control panel, that too without disturbing any hosting setting. Your Account billing will automatically adjusted by Hshpere as per your new package.

2) Value Windows is a Shared Hosting package and if you buy the same you will get space on our Shared Servers, for FTP / EMails and databases. You may access your website Files through FTP login and Database can be access though MSSQL lite Manager. You may make changes on your local pc and upload the files through MsSQL lite Manager, for your database.

3) If you need backup of your database or you want to get restore your database, you can open a ticket in support, our team will do it for you. We are offering 60 mins. response time for all technical tickets.

4) You can use it. if you are using CDONTS then you have to change code and use CDOSYS (we are not supporting CDONTS anymore)

Back