Mambo

Have you guys thought about adding a open source content management system to user account (like mambo)?

It is nice that OScommerce is built right into your accounts. It would also be nice if I could automatically install something like mambo. It would be an instant web site.

Mambo, along with 25 other applications will be available soon. The package (EasyApp) for this is under testing and is expected to be available for production use with Hsphere 2.4.3.

That sounds exciting. The obvious question is, what is the timeline for installation of 2.4.3?

Also, any chance of getting a list of what will be made available?

I assume that in the mean time we can simply FTP Mambo accross and install ourselves where we need it?

It takes a while for me to FTP so many files (very low bandwidth speeds in my country)... is it permitted for me to FTP it once to a directory and then copy it from there to whichever on my sites require it assuming they are all under the same account?

Will you post to this thread as soon as EasyApps is available or send a general email notice?

It might be an option to upload a single archive and extract it on he server itself using webshell4. Potentially saves a lot of time if you have many files to upload.

Will you post to this thread as soon as EasyApps is available or send a general email notice?
You will find a post in our "Network Outages and Updates" section.

Just a quick note, easyapp is rather nice, but please do not let your customer depend on it for security updates, they will need t watch the mambo website and keep it updated accordingly.

Interesting...it sounds like this is the equivalent to Fantastico. I haven't used Hsphere in a while, so I am taking a second look. It seems to be pretty cool so far. :)

Back