Maximum upload size

isotope

Guppy
Hi,

I have an web application that allows multiple file uploads and it stops around 4 - 4.5mb. Is there a maximum upload size when uploading a file through my web application, not ftp. The web application is located at http://store.santiago76.com.

Thanks,
Jaime

I have most servers now set to 24MB max upload, but 4.4 mb used to be the limit I made, as it was adding a for 4's in the metabase, and I thought it would be enough for any asp based upload back then.

I see I was wrong, and will look this up and change it in the next 24-48 hours.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for doing that, are you going to set it to a 24mb upload? And is it going to be 24mb for all servers, so that way I'll have 24mb upload for all my sites?

Thanks,
Jaime

if it is a asp.net app you can config it in your web.config page

<httpRuntime
executionTimeout="90"
maxRequestLength="enter new kb size here"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
minFreeThreads="8"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
appRequestQueueLimit="100"
/>

replace "enter new byte size here" with your new size the default is 4096KB or 4meg

Hi Shifty,

Yeah, that's why I contacted Jodo Host, because I have a personal web server at home it worked fine with web.config file. Seems that it upload was governed like Stephen was saying. Thanks for the response though.

Jaime

isotope, you can use that setting and override in web.config, I actualy did not realise you were talking about asp.net, I thought you meant ASP, which I changed.

Hi Stephen,

Well, for some reason it's not paying attention to the web.config file. I just tried uploading 15mb and it caused a timeout after 4.6mb setting the maxRequestLenght to 22408, which is well over 20mb. I have progress bar and I tried uploading a total of 15mb several times and it would stop at 4.5 - 4.6mb. I tried changing the web.config file to:

maxRequestLength="400"
minFreeThreads="8"
executionTimeout="90"
useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false"
minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4"
appRequestQueueLimit="100"

to where maxRequestLength was a little less than 400kb and it continued to uploaded more than maxRequestLength and stopped at 4.5 - 4.6mb. The site is at http://store.santiago76.com. At my old reseller account, I had the same problem to where I couldn't upload more than 4.6mb. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Jaime

looks like maybe the machine.config is overriding this, I will have a look at it, since we are on the same page on lanugages, etc.

Curious if this was ever resolved... I'm getting an error trying to upload a 7mb module to my dnn installation. Tried changing the maxrequestLength in the web.config but to no avail. Suggestions?

Hi,

Stephen was supposed to get to it, but I haven't heard back from him. I guess he didn't change the machine.config file yet.

Jaime

I am sorry, I did not check each server for this settings, you are on win10 with this domain. I will plan to change this(setting alarm in my Treo) over the weekend while traffic is low, as IIS will need to be stopped for a short time.

Hi Stephen - can you check/change Win12 also? (that's the server I was trying to upload the 7mb module to)

Thanks and have a great weekend.

These changes have been made, the upload limit in ASP.NET is now 54096 on the servers.

Back