more than 150 mailboxes

anybody has a domain with more than 150 mailboxes? I have a lot of problem to configure mailboxes. I get timeout the most times I try to go to email configuration section in CP.

Jodohost team say that it is a problem of CP, but I can not understand how HSPhere hasn't a control panel who work fine with 165 mailboxes. I have worked with others control panels and NEVER I have found this kind of problem .

Jodohost didn't give me a solution for this serious issue and say that I'm the only customer with this issue. Please, something has more than 150 mailboxes?

I have changed my mail server to the newest mail server of jodohost, but the issue is going on.

I don't know what to do.. I just know I have a customer with 165 mailbox that I can not configure (add, delete, modify mailboxes) the most time I try it.

It was jodohost say to me:

Mon Jun 12 2006 11:15PM by [email protected]

Hello,

Control panel has been experiencing slowness due to some Hsphere background jobs taking ages to complete. The issue has been already escalated 24 hours back to Psoft (with no reply from them yet). Meanwhile the job has been suspended for next few hours.

We will keep you updating you about this.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Tue Jun 13 2006 07:09AM
THIS IS ME
Today all is working fine. Very, very quick. Wich was the reason this dind't work fine last months?

Tue Jun 13 2006 07:15AM by [email protected]

Hello,

Infact there was a Hsphere cron script which is running very slow and causing slowness in control panel, we have suspeded that and CP is again working fine.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Mon Jun 26 2006 11:05AM
THIS IS ME
you can close it

Tue Aug 8 2006 06:00AM
THIS IS ME
This issue is ocurring again. This was resolved stopping a cron hsphere script. Now CP is taken until 3-4 minutes to response to can modify any mailbox

150 mail boxes under a single end-user CP is a long list and I've seen HSphere taking time with these sort of things.
However, the CP has acted slowly this week (an issue we are working on) and that could have aggravated your issue.

The issue has nothing to do with the mail server in general. The best solution is ask support to do modifications/additions while we work on it

equanimity said:
It was jodohost say to me:

Jun 13 2006 07:09AM
THIS IS ME
Today all is working fine. Very, very quick. Wich was the reason this dind't work fine last months?

Tue Jun 13 2006 07:15AM by [email protected]

Infact there was a Hsphere cron script which is running very slow and causing slowness in control panel, we have suspeded that and CP is again working fine.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

I know this is a CP issue, not mail server issue, but , what can I do? You are my hosting service provider. I can not talk with Psoft to resolve it. You must understand I talk with you about it, 1, 2, ...n times until somebody can resolve this great issue (although this would be an CP software issue)

only a question: Why in June, when you stopped a cron script my issue didn't exists? Psoft know this situation? I think this point clearly to the solution

My last question: if I have a customer who need 150 mailbox, must I look for another hosting provider because HSphere can not manager 150 mailboxs in a domain?

Yash said:
150 mail boxes under a single end-user CP is a long list and I've seen HSphere taking time with these sort of things.
However, the CP has acted slowly this week (an issue we are working on) and that could have aggravated your issue.

The issue has nothing to do with the mail server in general. The best solution is ask support to do modifications/additions while we work on it

This domain, two years ago ,had more than 200 mailboxes and Hspher CP was running perfectly. The Psoft response to you is not very expert, I think.
The issue is from last January, February,.. probably Hsphere had changed something is his core in this date... but I can not know why before CP worked very fine and now not (with less mailboxes in the domain), and I can not to know wich is the cron script your team stopped.

equanimity said:
only a question: Why in June, when you stopped a cron script my issue didn't exists? Psoft know this situation? I think this point clearly to the solution

No, what deepak said that back in June, there was a background cron job slowing down the CP, not just your mail box list in general. That issue was fixed back then.

This issue you have now is not the same.

My suggestion is that if you have a client with 200 domains or 200 mail boxes, split it up in multiple end user accounts

Yash said:
No, what deepak said that back in June, there was a background cron job slowing down the CP, not just your mail box list in general. That issue was fixed back then.

This issue you have now is not the same.

My suggestion is that if you have a client with 200 domains or 200 mail boxes, split it up in multiple end user accounts

I don't know if this is the same issue, only that after you stopped this script my CP began to work fine, and after you restart this script my CP began to work bad again.

I repeat again, this issue with high mailboxes number never existed in past time. You are looking for in erroneous direction. If this day was the only day that my CP was working fine, wich was the difference bettewn CP this day and another? It Hsphere is not designed to work with 100-200 mailboxes , why this day CP worked very very quickly?
Why 10 months ago CP worked very very quickly?
10 months ago Hsphere hadn't any problem to manager 100- 200 mailboxes?

Please, ask this to Psoft people. I have the sensation that Psoft don't know where investigate or don't want to investigate. The way CP is working has changed from 1 year ago and nobody from Psoft know nothing.

I'm software designer and I do a questioN for you and Psoft people : is it normal to take 3 minutes to extract the information about 150 mailboxes? Perhaps in 60's years , but not now , and less working with the mail server with less CPU load in jodohost. This is only a serious bug in HSPHERE Control Panel, or bad design in the way they are recovering all the information about mailboxes. I repeat you, something are changed because CP recovered the information about 240 mailboxes in 3-4 seconds 1 year ago.

Yourself recomended to do my own CP with XML API. Have I any guaranty about response time from XML API?

How can manager a domain with 200 mailboxes two /three user accounts?

equanimity said:
It Hsphere is not designed to work with 100-200 mailboxes , why this day CP worked very very quickly?

Do you mean it worked fine for you today or yesterday, because this is something never mentioned in your ticket.

equanimity said:
Please, ask this to Psoft people. I have the sensation that Psoft don't know where investigate or don't want to investigate. The way CP is working has changed from 1 year ago and nobody from Psoft know nothing.
Possibily they rewrote this part. Anyways they know it now, but wont give any immediate solution with hsphere 2.5 being their "only" focus.

equanimity said:
is it normal to take 3 minutes to extract the information about 150 mailboxes?

It is not doing this way. It seems to be doing like:
1. Pick listing from DB and paginate
2. Pick values for antivirus and antispam mailboxes from DB.
3. Get quota for each mailbox.
4. Get mail-traffic stats.
5. Get mail-relay status
6. Plus more than isnt evident at first look unless we look at source.

I have pointed them a bug in this process and a few possible improvements, but not positive they will do any Hsphere 2.4 stream.

equanimity said:
Yourself recomended to do my own CP with XML API. Have I any guaranty about response time from XML API?
Once you have it working, you will see you are bypassing many steps that control panel is doing as listed above.

equanimity said:
How can manager a domain with 200 mailboxes two /three user accounts?
Ok, ignore this.

tanmaya said:
Do you mean it worked fine for you today or yesterday, because this is something never mentioned in your ticket.

No, the day all was working fine was the day in June your team stopped some cron script

Tanmaya,
now my CP take 0,5 seconds to recover the information about 150 mailboxes ???????

You can say to Psoft people that the problem is not the ammount of data about 150 mailboxes, like I sad to you, is another process that consume a lot of CPU.

I know your team has stopped some cron job but this is the way CP was working until January. You have to hear to me when I said that this situation was provocated from a cron job.

The same situation that I can see now, I could see in June, when your team stopped some cron job, at this this moment CP was working fine, same way that now.

Now there is not any problem to manager 150 mailboxes!!!
I hope to can access to my CP to manager mailboxes so fast than now tomorrow""

This comes at a cost of no billing in hsphere, no traffic calculation and so on. We are trying to gets this resolved with Psoft, but sorry i cant commit they will never run again in 24 hours.
Thank you for the report. This will certainely help.

Back