Moveable Type again

I am atempting to install Moveable Type on a windows account. I have a \mt directory with all the files in it. The .cgi files won't execute though. They prompt to be downloaded. I assume I don't have execute permissions set up on this folder. I then moved the files into my cgi-bin folder and then a .pl file will execute but the .cgi files come back with a "The page can not be dislplayed error". Am I missing something here? The handlers have been set up for .pl and .cgi for perl. I have put in trouble tickets but I can't seem to get this resolved.

Firstly, from Web Options, specify ".pl" as a perl extension. Next, make /mt a CGI-BIN

That should do the trick

ok, have the .pl done. Now where do I set the /mt as a CGI-BIN? I only have the option to turn CGI-BIN on or off. Can't find a place to set a path.

the cgi-bin directory is present at domain.com/cgi-bin. This can't be changed but mt is deployed outside the cgi-bin directory

I think its best you wait for jag5353 or eko to see this thread. They have configured movable type themselves and should be able to assist you

Hi,

I'm almost there but still get an error message, which I reported in the other thread, but which was not replied to.

I'm up and running. The problem was resolved when they fixed my .cgi not able to execute issue through a trouble ticket I had submitted. I did have to install it under the cgi-bin directory though. I put the static data in a seperate directory as per the MT website instructions.

eko said:
Hi,

I'm almost there but still get an error message, which I reported in the other thread, but which was not replied to.

You might want to try reinstalling it..

northwestmud said:
I'm up and running. The problem was resolved when they fixed my .cgi not able to execute issue through a trouble ticket I had submitted. I did have to install it under the cgi-bin directory though. I put the static data in a seperate directory as per the MT website instructions.

Could you please exactly describe the steps you took to get it installed on your win server.

many thanks!

My process was not much different than jag5353 since I followed his directions. I did have to make a few changes though since I was unable to execute any scripts outside of my cgi-bin.

Here is what I did different:

1.I put the mt directory with all the files for the install under cgi-bin my.domain\cgi-bin\mt.

2. I made a mt-static directory my.domain\mt-static and put the images, and docs directories in it. I also put the styles.css file in this directory.

3. I uncommented the entry in mt.cfg for StaticWebPath and set it to /mt-static/

The rest of the install was the same as jag5353 described.

Back