Moving a DotNetNuke site within JodoHost

timruns

Perch
OK -- if the title wasn't crypic enough...
I have a client whose website is currently a DNN child portal of another DNN website.
We want to seperate the client out -- essentially, back up the one child portal, and reinstall that as the primary portal on another account (all within Jodo,though).

Any suggestions? Anyone done this before? Jodo, have you helped other resellers with this? Any input would be appreciated...
Thanks
Tim

I am thinking I might have to move it all over (including the other portals), then delete the extra portals from that DNN install.
Is there a particular tool Jodo has seen to be effective for moving DNN? I know there are several for sale on Snowcovered...
The current DNN instance is 3.2.2, preference would be to go to 4.3.4, but I am not sure if upgrading would just make the process more complicated...

Something you could TRY, no promises this will work, request a db restore for your current MSSQL database, setup the files for DNN on the new domain, request support restore the old database as the new one(this may take my intervention as it will require a data and log change). Then try running it on the old database and remove the other aliases, as you had said before.

No promise this will work, I have never done it, however the developer at snowcovered is a very helpful person and if you buy a product from them, they will assist with any problems you encounter(from experience there)

Back