Moving e-mails?

cmer

Guppy
Hi,

I am currently a customer of another H-Sphere provider and looking into making the switch to Jodo.

My main question is, is there an easy way to transfer e-mails from one host to another to avoid downtime as much as possible? I host about 30 domain names at the other place

I'm sure a lot of you guys have been in this situation. Is it supposed to be a pain in the neck like that every time?

Thanks!

cmer said:
Hi,

I am currently a customer of another H-Sphere provider and looking into making the switch to Jodo.

My main question is, is there an easy way to transfer e-mails from one host to another to avoid downtime as much as possible? I host about 30 domain names at the other place

I'm sure a lot of you guys have been in this situation. Is it supposed to be a pain in the neck like that every time?

Thanks!

I use IMAP for email. I create a local folder, drag all my emails from the old provider to the local folder. Then once I am up on the new provider I setup IMAP with them and simply drag the messages into the folder on their server.

Homer,

Sounds like a nice way to do it! However, there is probably 30-40 e-mail accounts on my server right now.

Do you know of a software that could automate this for me? It would save a lot of time! If it doesn't exist, what a good idea isnt? :)

cmer said:
Homer,

Sounds like a nice way to do it! However, there is probably 30-40 e-mail accounts on my server right now.

Do you know of a software that could automate this for me? It would save a lot of time! If it doesn't exist, what a good idea isnt? :)

I was looking for the same thing and may have found it. Check out this thread on Psofts site, http://www.forum.psoft.net/showthread.php?t=5445 This may only be for Hsphere owners and require more permissions than any reseller host will give, but worth a shot.

It is a great idea as well.

Back