MS access issues

snooper

Perch
I've been getting VERY frequent Access errors on a few of my existing sites.
these are site that have been running for a good while w/o changes, so its not me. the errors (see below) are temporamental - appear and then disappear again (support, conincadentally, never seems to see the error - but i am getting cmplaints and more complaints from customers.

am i alone?

Code:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' 

Unspecified error 

/aish.asp, line 31

PS: the error line points each time (on any of the sites) to the connection line to the Access db.

Hi,

Just a suggestion ...

Do u have some extra space in disk quota - cos when multiple connections are made to access - it creates a shadow file ...

The shadow file takes more disk space - and if ur running neck neck to ur disk quota - it at times gives the kinda error ur mentioning.

Thanx,
Ani

we have lots of spare space for the sites that are suffering.
i dont know about any shadow files, but here are not any LDB files.

silly thing but do a compact and repair, and also check the connection string, has it worked before?

Yep ... was talkin abt lbd files.

Try reparing ur file ... or for r and d - try a different connection methodology.

And any time - when a access db gets a successful connection - a shadow - lbd file automatically get generated. If a lbd file is not getting created - then ... try a different connection method.

U using DSN now or Path Based ???

Thanx,
Ani

Also - at times Server.MapPath - causes some problems ... u cud use D:/Hsphere/account/domain/dbdir/dbfilename ... it helps !!! ...

Wiered - but we've faced such a problem in the past and that's how we've been able to solve it !!! ...

Thanx,
Ani

yes, thanks ani - i already do use absolute path-based dsnless strings.

Deepak seems to say it was an issue in their side, but maybe i will repair just in case.

thanks

Back