MS SQL error - Execute permission denied

My application uses ASP.NET membership services. So, I used aspnet_regsql to configure the database, which it did successfully.

However, I go to try to log into the application, and I get this:

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion', database 'devbana_banana', owner 'dbo'.

Server Error in '/' Application.

EXECUTE permission denied on object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion', database 'devbana_banana', owner 'dbo'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the
error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion', database 'devbana_banana', owner
'dbo'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can
be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): EXECUTE permission denied on object 'aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion', database 'devbana_banana', owner 'dbo'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +857418
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +735030
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +188
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject
stateObj) +1838
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +886
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult
result) +132
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +415
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +135
System.Web.Util.SecUtility.CheckSchemaVersion(ProviderBase provider, SqlConnection connection, String[] features, String version, Int32& schemaVersionCheck)
+367
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckSchemaVersion(SqlConnection connection) +85
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.GetPasswordWithFormat(String username, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Int32& status, String& password, Int32&
passwordFormat, String& passwordSalt, Int32& failedPasswordAttemptCount, Int32& failedPasswordAnswerAttemptCount, Boolean& isApproved, DateTime& lastLoginDate,
DateTime& lastActivityDate) +1121
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved,
String& salt, Int32& passwordFormat) +105
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.CheckPassword(String username, String password, Boolean updateLastLoginActivityDate, Boolean failIfNotApproved)
+42
System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +83
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +160
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5102

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Sorry to paste that huge error, but thought it might make it a bit clearer what happened.

I'm new to this so I'm not sure what could be wrong, except that obviously my user doesn't have permission to execute a query? :confused:

Hi,

Please open a ticket with excat link in which you are getting error.

Stephen, what do you mean I need DBO? Again, I'm pretty new to MS SQL. In HSphere, i created the login devbana_banana, and then created the database devbana_banana under it; I then ran aspnet_regsql and provided login information,and it said everything was set up. So what further steps are n eeded?

Thanks for the help.

Ah, well, upon doing a bit of research, looks like I need to put in a ticket requesting DBO permissions on my user?

Out of curiosity, what is DBO for, exactly?

Thanks again.

Back