MSSQL Manager Problem

I saw this as a problem in the forums 2 years ago, but it seems like it was never resolved. I've recently found myself without SQL Server Enterprise Manager and have been trying to figure out how to manage my databases without it. I came across the MSSQL Manager in HSphere and initially couldn't get it to work at all. After using Firefox instead of IE, I can now login, but any table operations I try get the following error:

Error: Object variable or With block variable not set.
Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic

Does anyone have the answer to this? Anyone successfully using MSSQL Manager for table operations?

Thanks!
John

ok this is weird I know, IE is not compatible because of the http://user:password@domain not working now, and Firefox/Mozilaa/Non IE gives the error you describe.

I would recommend going to www.aspenterprisemanager.com and downloading and installing the same app that is integrated into hsphere seperate and setting it up so that it does not use the user:domain method when logging in.

I tried using MS SQL Manager on JODO using Firefox. However, I still cannot login. I use the CP username/password which brings me to asp enterprise manager... but then I enter my DB name, DB login and Password but there exists no login or connect button. What am I doing wrong?

When using MS-SQL manager it is recommended to use Internet Explorer due to its rich VB scripting support that is non-existent in Firefox.
Now if you don't see a submit button at all, probably you are running a asp.net 2.0 website white the default MS-SQL manager is a .net1.1 application.
Better will be to create a subdomain(that will run .net1.1 by default), enable MS-SQL manager there and use it instead.

Back