Mssql1 not responding... resolved

Re: Mssql1 not responding...

MSSQL1 is up fully now.

there was a major problem in communications as I had a storm pass by my house here in TX last night, taking my mobiles off the internet and not getting phone calls. It also took my DSL offline for some hours.

Once I was able to be contacted I was able to get the matter resolved with the datacenter staff, the rgualr remote access methods had failed, like the remote reboot unit. I am checking why this access method failed and working to resolve on a priority basis.

Re: Mssql1 not responding...

We have resolved the matter of the remote rebooting unit by restarting the management interface.

It looks like the power port went off without being told to do so. We will be keeping a close eye and if it happens further will have to replace the power unit that a number of servers are connected to in order to prevent such from happening again. The first signs of remote reboot/power protection units not working 100% can be that the unit turns off some ports at random times. The fact that the management interface needed to be reset also adds to this possibility. We will be noting any issues on this unit and make the notice to replace if deemed necessary.

Back