MSSQL1 Up(down)grade

I'm curiious to know if anyone knows for sure if jodohost changed ColdFusion datasources to point at the IP address for MSSQL1 as they asked us to do earlier today?

Also, I haven't heard since then -- does anyone know if the process is finished and if everything should be up and running correctly now?

thetreefrog said:
I'm curiious to know if anyone knows for sure if jodohost changed ColdFusion datasources to point at the IP address for MSSQL1 as they asked us to do earlier today?

Also, I haven't heard since then -- does anyone know if the process is finished and if everything should be up and running correctly now?
While creating DSN's the hostname MSSQL1.jodoshared.com is used and it is already resolving to the correct (new) IP now. The process was completed a few hours back and everything is up now.

Thanks Rajneesh. Basically, I was trying to figure out whether ther was any time between the old server going down and the new server being up that data may have been lost so I could alert my client.

Unfortunately, the connection between ColdFusion on win2 and mssq1 has been messed up since about 9:30 last night so the entire (database-driven) site is dead in the water. I'm having enough trouble trying to placate the client as it is without telling him data he entered yesterday may or may not be available. X(

If your client submits a ticket, it arrives in your support center, not JodoHost's. Log into the control panel with the login/password you created when you signed up, and submit a ticket from there, or JodoHost will never get to see it (unless they go browsing the database).

thetreefrog here... I don't know my password offhand and don't have it saved on this computer so I re-registered. FYI, the function where you're supposed to be able to request your password be mailed to you doesn't work. I've tried each of the past two nights now. So now I'm peskypup.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion subspace. I'm not a reseller. My client doesn't contact me via a control panel, he contacts me via irrate emails and phone calls demanding to know why his web site has been inaccessable for about 23 of the past 24 hours. I logged into his jodohost account with his username and password and have been going back and forth with support for the better part of 24 hours now. Everything was working for all of about a half hour an hour ago, now the connection between coldfusion and SQL server is down. Again. ;(

I just saw your ticket, this is the error you got:
SHUTDOWN is in progress. Log off

We were restarting MSSQL at that time. Lasted 30 seconds. Isn't your site working now? One of our admns will update the ticket shortly

No. My site isn't working now.

If you read further through the trouble ticket, I explained that after I saw that error (the one you posted above), when I reloaded the page, or accessed any other page that queries the DB, I get the original error again:

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. access denied (java.net.SocketPermission 64.156.220.242:1433 connect,resolve)

It's been well over an hour since the shut down message, so I'm assuming sql server is back up and running.

The most permanent solution is shifting you to WIn6. Would you like that?

It doesnt seem cold fusion likes network lag

If it'll fix the problem, I'll do (just about ;) ) anything!

Win6 is brand new, isn't it? Has it been fully tested? In other words, do I need to worry about any start-up bugs that might result in further downtime?

no need, i fixed it
Someone made a mistake with CF's security settings/ The mssql server was specified as 64.165.* instead of 64.156.*

I'm just curious... if that's been the problem from the start, why was it working for about a half hour earlier this morning and again earlier tonight?

Back