MSSQL4 network down - migrated and restored

Re: MSSQL4 network down

We aren't coming up after a remote reboot and not getting anything on the server via remote monitoring, we are working on it still.

Re: MSSQL4 network down

It looks like we are going to have to do a recovery on this, as the server doesnt seem to be booting and is a very old and unique model.

Re: MSSQL4 network down - working to restore

Data is restored now, but working to install SQL services to bring it live.

We attempted many way to bring old hardware live with no success, we swapped out motherboard, power supply, and RAM without success.

working on the SQL installer, and going to go ahead and upgrade it to MSSQL 2008 in the process. SQL 2000 is now very old and unsupported for the most part. ETa to up about 1 hour 15min to 1.5 hours.

the update server seemed to have stopped replying delaying me just a bit, but we are getting there!

Each DB is being upgraded, don't know an exact percent done just yet, but going very fast.

Working through a couple errors in upgrade now.

rolling back to SQL 2000 SP4.

Tip to anyone and to Microsoft. DISABLE QUERY GOVERNOR before attempting upgrade. No it doesn't say this anywhere and I even forgot it was on as it was a very high limit.

They don't make an 'easy way' for it to ignore the governor and proceed, nor do they make it to put a custom SQL query into the upgrade scripts that run. I tried numerous means and didn't get anywhere.

Just to let you know, I have multiple ready copies of all data for this rollback so all data is intact.

MSSQL4 is up and taking traffic now. It is still on SQL 2000, we will schedule a later time to upgrade to 2008.

wincf already looks better as well.

Back