MSSQL4 question

Emagine

Perch
Staff member
im trying to work out the time difference between the UK and you stephen.

did you do the ram upgrade an 1:15 mins ago or 15 .. because i told my client one thing and it happened an 1:15 mins , shutdown happened.. im trying to work out the difference

do you based your Changes/updates etc on US time (+5)

really all i need to know is .. from the time of this post was it 15 or 1:15 mins ago you did the upgrade?

I think the forums time is off again, I am normally in Central time, but now in Eastern time, so it is even more off for me, as I did not adjust my settings.

I got stuck in traffic and was a few minutes off, I was adding the "timestamp" to the posts from my clock, based on when it was shut down, and came back up, not from when I posted, as there was a delay with me watching POST, logging in verifying, etc.

For me here it is now 9:42am, so it was just over 1 hour, and 30 minutes ago.

cheers mate.. so i had to +3 instead of five or 4 because of the bristish summer time.

cheers mate.. i hate time offsets lol.. and the BST

thanx anyway.,.. i'll base offsets with the forum time then.. as i have BST offset enabled.

Wouldn't it be better to use UTC (Universal Coordinated Time)?? After all, Jodo are in India, the servers are in Florida - I know I'm british so UTC works really well for me, but online UTC seems to be the standard.

A UTC clock can be found here and maybe Jodo could script one into announcements so we know extactly when we view the posts.?

Just a thought

Thanks
Greg

Well, I have been wanting to do that but the problem is that a change now would disrupt time settings for many many customers.

Back