MSSQL5 services slower than usual

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Working on MSSQL5, someone is continually using most of the CPU with many queries, we are working on the situation to get it resolved.

For a lasting fix I am going to have to restart the MSSQL services in 15 minutes, 1PM EST, it will be down for about 5 minutes while I fix the error on the users database that is causing this problem.

MSSQL5 services are currently down while I fix the matter, they will be down for about 5-8 minutes as it looks right now. I am trying to get them back ASAP.

SQL services have been restarted, all DBs will be up in the next 3 minutes or less.

I made a setting change just now that needed a server restart that I did not expect, this was not anticipated. Databases are loading up again now. The problems of slowness should be behind us now.

Databases up, looking at the logs there was a looping "Starting database" cause because someone's DB was out of space, this issue was resolved and the SQL server startup time was much better, and not loading slowly like it was before.

Back