MSXML2 component broken, and sluggish webservers?

pixuk

Guppy
Hi,

I've raised a support ticket for this, but I'm beginning to get a little frustrated with the response 'please check now, it's working', with no explanation of what was fixed, if anything - and more often than not, the problem hasn't actually been resolved.

I have a reasonably busy site on win19, serving an average of 300K pages per month. Apart from the occasional blip, it was working absolutely fine. However, in the last few months response times have gotten more and more sluggish, to the point now where visitors experience timeout errors quite frequently - especially in the morning UK time (probably 3am - 4am EST). Even outside of these hours, it's become a very slow site - and visitors are really beginning to notice the problem.

Additionally, and this may be completely unrelated, I am now getting a msxml3.dll error '8007000e' , "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." error on a page I use to retrieve an RSS news feed. This page was working fine, so not sure whether this is because the components have broken or indeed, there are some memory issues on win19. That may explain performance problems.

that last issue is only due to a pool reaching memory limits, it can happen sometimes.
Your site needs to be moved to its own pool, when you do this you won't be able to switch asp.net versions anymore.

3-4am is the end of our maintenance hours when the server has more IO load for backups, but it should not have much if any impact on the server.

If it is the site I think it is (starts with a v) it is alone right now in its own pool, and using over 900MB of RAM, which could seriously cause the error you are talking about. I'd recommend going over the code and seeing what is not unloading from memory.

Back