Multiple domains on service plan.

tetranz

Perch
Hi all

I know this sort of question has been asked before but I'm still a little unsure.

I have a new LiteHost reseller account. Its working very well. I've done the recommended setup with a service plan. Only one user, ie my 'corporate site', has that plan. I have a couple of other plans for normal users.

I have some domains of my own that I want to use for playing and testing etc. Is it okay to simply add those domains to my service user, assuming I want compatible hosting, or do I really need to create a separate user for them?

I'm just trying to avoid using another user if I don't need to.

Cheers
Ross

no you can add any number of fomains to the service account.

so yes to your question just click add new domain

Hi Ross - I've set up domains in my Service Account with no problems.

You'll have your Reseller Account to handle your payment details to Jodo and the like.

Then you'll have your Administrative account where you set up plans and so forth. One of these plans will be a non-paying Service Account. "Sign Up" to this account in your company capacity - say Acme Hosting or something

So, you'll have then have 3 accounts; Reseller, Admin & Service for Acme Hosting. Login to your Acme Service Account and add as many domains as you like - all free! No extra users required.

From your Admin account you can also set up a Linux non-paying Service account. Once done, login to your Acme Hosting Service account and "add another account" - pick your Linux Service account. Then you can add as many domains as you like to that Linux account.

After a bit of trial and error you'll have no probs and there are many experts who visit the forum regularly.

In summary, I have:
Reseller Account
Admin Account
Windows Service Account - several domains belonging to me.
Linux Service Account - several domains belonging to me

Thats 4 username/ passwords I have to remember.

Best wishes,
Rob

Thanks to both of you. That's how I thought it was.

I'm really only curious but I wonder now about what is really different about a service plan, ie a plan with 'Service Domain' checked. It has no billing, but any plan can be set for no billing. I think it has something to do with relating it to the same domain as your control panel.

Cheers
Ross

Back