Multiple Server down.

node power supply is the issue, this is really wild to have a holiday weekend and 3 servers have issue, on 3 different power feeds 2 of them even on different breaker panel than the other. Using all conditioned power and all, only similar on them is that they are all same branded power supply and purchased about the same time. So maybe a bad batch but so odd to fail in the same timeframe so close.

We've almost exhausted the backup stash so I won't be sleeping much tonight as I'll be going to a local store to pickup a couple spare generics that while not perfect will work in a pinch so we have ensure spares while waiting for the delivery of the exact stock we need on hand.

OK the node is coming back up, and after CL2-WIN14 with the 2nd swap of the day I told Sergio the other local tech that works on the hardware, we'll pull the power supply off that testing server if we have need of anymore this weekend. I was never expecting it so quickly.

I am hoping these are behind us now but preparing for anything.

I also will wish all in the US a Happy Independence Day holiday weekend, it's been a great day here even with interruptions of plans and having to leave the fireworks display in the middle and fighting our way out of traffic and mad throngs of people to do so.

Back