My HostingCon 2006 Schedule

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
Hello Everyone!

I am leaving later today at 3PM CDT to drive to Las Vegas, NV for HostingCon 2006.
The conference is from Monday to Wednesday, I will be leaving from Las Vegas to drive back home Thurdsay morning.
I am going to take a more leisurely pace home, and may stop in Arizona or New Mexico and spend the night, and enjoy some mountains. I plan to be back home either Saturday night, or Sunday morning depending on the schedule and the way the driving falls into place.

I will have some limited internet access in Vegas and will be checking in, but if you don't see me so much, you know where I am!

Everyone enjoy the week without me around, I know you are just dreaming of a day I quit blabbing on these forums!

I am in Vegas a night early, I drove it all non stop, :D

MOstly because all hotels from Flagstaff to Vegas were booked up for anything under $200 a night, and I did not feel like dropping $279 when a floor and shower works fine for me :D

Edit, drop it all non-stop, wow I was brain-dead last night when I typed that up!

Well I just made it back in a short time ago.

A new tire later, first blowout later, and first time stuck in the desert waiting for a tire to cool so I could change it later.

Lots of firsts this trip! First trip to Vegas as well. I will report after some sleep!

Had enough sleep yet? I haven't woke you up early in over a week! Come on, tell us about the show and the great things you got to do, people you talked to, etc.

Inquiring minds want to know!

No, Vegas was boring to me, I HATE gambling, and I was a real spendthrift :D

Basically it goes like this:
Lots of booths that I thought were out of place at the convention, but many relevant, lots of billing, control panels, auditing companies, and some datacenters.

I met with Comodo and Psoft for an extended amount of time, and some good has already come out of this, I spoke with Igor of Psoft/Comodo personally and expressed my opinion and vision.

I met with Cpanel for windows development team and got the rundown on what they will be featuring at the end of the year, was quite disappointed to hear MSSQL was not even in their plans for release, only MySQL. I will be emailing them further with ideas, as without MSSQL they will have a crippled product, it IMO would be best to wait until MSSQL is supported to release.

I met with sales, CTO and CEO of SWSoft(makers of Plesk/Virtuozzo), and was had some very good chats with them regarding their products and some current problems we are having that have been mitigated some now by some new methods we have taken on, but should not happen in the first place, they agreed and know of most of them and are working to fix already.

I went to a few vendor sessions and general side sessions, met some interesting people and speakers at them.

met someone I won't mention now, as I am not sure they want what we discussed public, but it involved the Virtual Server market and a new strategy for this company. :)

Vegas is like 2nd hand smoke heaven, if you enjoy smoking or enjoy 2nd hand smoke, vegas is the place for you, my room was the only smokefree retreat in the whole city!

Back