MySql Connect Issue

zardiw

Perch
MySql8 Connect Issue - Solved

I'm having a problem connecting to mysql8 from my local machine.

Using Xampp and the latest and greatest MySql server.

Jodo's server has old_passwords set to ON (could be a security issue here guys.....but I understand wanting to stay compatible with older users on the server)

I've set old_passwords to ON on my machine.

I've checked SELECT Password('Mysecretpass'); on both the Jodo server, and my local server......and the resulting hash is identical (see below).

Yet I'm still getting this error. And trouble ticket has been submitted:

An Error Occured!
Error Number: 2
Error Description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Premature end of data (mysqlnd_wireprotocol.c:554)
Error In File: X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KCoxxxxxxxxxx3.php
Error On Line: 13
An Error Occured!
Error Description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: OK packet 1 bytes shorter than expected
Error In File: X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KCxxxxxxxxxxxxx3.php
An Error Occured!
Error Description: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file
Error In File: X:\xampp\htdocs\PHP\8KCxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3.php

jpewjScreenPass.jpg

z

You may want to blur those hashes too, I don't know if anything can be seen from them, but best not to show :)

Now, have you connect using a tool like SQLYog or not?

I know you may need to change the libmysql to connect.

I'm not showing a real password, so hashes don't matter.......prolly shouldn't have blocked out the password.......at any rate I just threw some password together...NOT even close to the one I'm using.....I had to show the hash was the same on both servers though........

My local mySQL server is uptodate.....v 5 etc

Don't know what you mean by changing libmysql.......

Maybe if Jodo could give me more info on what kind of settings they have so I can make mine jibe with theirs.....

Since the hashes generated are identical......login should happen....but maybe they've got some other code that's screwing it up.....don't know....

Maybe someone can tell me what triggers this error.......maybe it's a flag in the login process??????

z

ok glad not using real password there in any case.

Waht I meant was I know on windows side we've had issues with the 'included' libmysql, and had to change to an earlier php 5.2 libmysql.dll to get connections to work reliable.

If you want/need the one we use on windows, one of the windows techs can probably provide you a download link for it. Of course if your local side is linux, that will be of no use.

OH...ok.....Using windows on my local machine.....but website is hosted on unix.....If you can provide a link to an earlier lib that would be great.....or I could just Google for one........z

Replaced the dll in 2 places, xampp\mysql\lib, and xampp\php

Shut down and restarted apache/mysql also

Still can't connect..............also created a brand new user and that also didn't work

z

Back