MySQL connection problem

I've got an application I'm developing, and the part I've uploaded to the Jodohost server keeps giving this error:

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver][ODBC Socket][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.27-standard-log]Lost connection to MySQL server during query

It seems like it happens if it is more than a minute or so between queries. Like one form that is filled out is quite long, and may take a slow typist a few minutes to fill out. Once the form is submitted, the error appears. You can refresh the page and it will reconnect and submit, but once I start having people use the system I don't want them to have to deal with this.

I have several other applications hosted on Jodo's CF servers, and none of them suffer from this, even those with similar long forms.

Is there something I need to set, is it a CF thing, or something with MySQL?

This is problem due to JDBC-ODBC bridge. Please create a ticket with all info required to create a DSN and ask to create this DSN directly in CF Admin. In this case you will be using direct JDBC connection.

The CF Admin connection was already made. If it hadn't been made, I wouldn't have even been able to connect to the database. Connecting wasn't the problem. The problem was some option was set to "maintain database connections", which Stephen removed, fixing the problem.

Back