mysql error/bug

bro

Perch
A Movable Type site on mysql.m****ere.biz suddenly shows "DBD driver has not implemented the AutoCommit attribute " on the admin login page, and there is now no way to log on.

No changes have been made to the site setup, so some change has evidently been made on the server side. Unfortunately, support have been no help.
[RS #CIP-87821-182]

Anyone know anything about this error?

There are two things possible here, one is that perl was updated with the 3.4 update, back last month, that is the only change serverside, have you logged in the past month? (this is a windows servers for any outsiders reading)

Other is possibly you upgraded the software and it needs a new mySQL feature that your current server doesn't have, which will be fixed by MySQL updates being done this weekend, but it doens't look to be the case to me.

I am going to see if possible that their is another version of DBD installed with the perl update Parallels did.

A Perl update sounds likely, from what I can gather about this bug (Google returns a lot of unhelpful results, mostly nothing to do with MT.)

It's a rarely updated site, and hasn't had an application update for a while, so no-one has been there for a few months. It can't be used at all now, so any help would be appreciated.

Back