mySQL question

JinJin

Guppy
I run a domain, angstlustboards.com, that consists entirely of a vbulletin.

We have an average of 5-15 users on at a time, actively posting, 24 hours a day.

I am wondering if Jodohost shared hosting would be an appropriate host for my domain. I notice that a few sites here using Vbulletin have been disabled and that while monitoring this board, it wasn't loading very well.

First, can your server handle my domain.
Second, how often is mySQL not working?

I have been burned badly by three separate "affordable" hosts, and don't want to go through that again, but my reseller is probably moving to your service, so I've got that decision to make.

Hi

We have never disabled any vBulletin forums to the best of my knowledge. How was this forum not loading well? It's hosted off a powerful Dual Xeon server with a SCSI disk array. It loads pretty fast for me. Average CPU on this server is 6%

Our server could definately handle your domain. However, if you are saying 15 to 20 people online at any moment, I am not sure what sort of load it would generate on the server. If it generates load that couldn't be handled by a shared server, we'd obviously have to ask you to leave.

This is the first time we have ever faced a mySQL issue.

JinJin said:
I run a domain, angstlustboards.com, that consists entirely of a vbulletin.

We have an average of 5-15 users on at a time, actively posting, 24 hours a day.

I am wondering if Jodohost shared hosting would be an appropriate host for my domain. I notice that a few sites here using Vbulletin have been disabled and that while monitoring this board, it wasn't loading very well.

First, can your server handle my domain.
Second, how often is mySQL not working?

I have been burned badly by three separate "affordable" hosts, and don't want to go through that again, but my reseller is probably moving to your service, so I've got that decision to make.

Rule 1: A website is only as fast as your Internet connection :)

Rule 2: 5-15 users at a time is peanutes. Check out codeguru.com or vbforums.com. There's an average of 50 users at any given time, and we face no problems.

Back