Nameserver changes

Can I ask you to clarify something. You have asked all direct customers to UPDATE their nameservers to:

ns1.jodoshared.com
ns2.jodoshared.com

Those are the nameservers that I've always used. Am I missing something? Please confirm that I therefore have nothing to change. Thanks

LegalAlien said:
Can I ask you to clarify something. You have asked all direct customers to UPDATE their nameservers to:

ns1.jodoshared.com
ns2.jodoshared.com

Those are the nameservers that I've always used. Am I missing something? Please confirm that I therefore have nothing to change. Thanks

I think it's the IP that has changed, but I'm not sure. I haven't done anything and my sites seem to resolving fine.

I am waiting on the same answer in reseller. I dont wanna screw something up that is not broken.

SubSpace said:
Yes, the IPs changed, so you will need to update the "glue" DNS IPs for your domains.

I don't understand. I don't believe I even have the option of changing the IP's in my domain control panel (I'm with Godaddy).

All they ask for is the actual nameserver... What am I supposed to be looking for?

I've never used an ip address with a registrar. They just ask you the name server domain address because ips can change...as you can see.

Let me clarify.

If you are a direct customer, update your name servers to ns1.jodoshared.com and ns2.jodoshared.com for your domains at your registrar with the changed IPs. If your registrar doesn't except IPs for the name servers (most registrars don't), then you need not do anything

For resellers, you got new IPs for your name servers. You need to now enter these new IPs (yes, Child Name servers) with your registrar for ns1 and ns2. Then you need to give these new IPs to your customers in case their registrars requre them to enter IPs for your name servers

Yash said:
For resellers, you got new IPs for your name servers. You need to now enter these new IPs (yes, Child Name servers) with your registrar for ns1 and ns2. Then you need to give these new IPs to your customers in case their registrars requre them to enter IPs for your name servers

Thanks, That's what I thought but I couldn't afford anymore downtime because of a screw up on my part. :))

Anybody using Hostway for creating your own nameservers?

Once you've created nameservers (i.e. ns1.yourhostingco.com, ns2.yourhostingco.com), you cannot update their IP's.

I'm a reseller btw, this isn't updating DNS hostnames for domains, this has to do with updating nameservers I've created that my clients use for their DNS hostnames.

Here's a pic of the error:

Attachments

• ss-hostway.gif
    ss-hostway.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 73
Back