Nameservers Problem

moieu

Guppy
Hi,

I have registered a new domain and set the nameservers corretly but I still can't reach the domain though it has been a while since I did that.

I registered with GoDaddy.com and all my domains are from there. The new one is
http://www.hishamsite.com

Erorr message:
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code:
 The host name was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by retrying the URL. 

Please contact the administrator. [/QUOTE]

Any clues?

Are the nameservers registered at the registrar? (this only applies if it is a service domain)

I changed it at GoDaddy.com as I did to all my domains. But did not work yet!? And I used:

NS3.M****HERE.BIZ
NS4.M****HERE.BIZ

those nameservers are not typically customer facing and may report that they are invalid as they are not the NS record on record for the domain. You need to use the ns3/4.yourservicedomain.com

So, can you explain to me howcome they are working fine with all my previous domains???

And is it a must that I go back and change them all???

I can't find this domain "hishamsite.com" in control panel, so there are no DNS records.

Ok, guess what!? When I tried to set the nameservers to my domain the control panel in GoDaddy.com gave an error alert!

So, I left it as it is and hope you can do something about it :(

You need to first register your name servers at GoDaddy before using it as name server. I think you can do the same in the "Host Summary" section of GoDaddy control panel.

Guess what? Another person is the owner of this domain :) And when I contacted your support to change my main domain they told me that it is VERY difficult to do without deleting all the files and sites there...

I am really down!

What do you mean another person owns the domain? Are you referring to: hishamsite.com

I just checked the whois, and it is registered to:
--removed for confidentialality --

the DNS is ns3/4.m****here.biz which sounds like the settings you used (definitely JODO settings).

You are right, it is hard to switch your reseller account (I had to do that about 6 months ago).

If hishamsite.com is just a subaccount for you, I would delete whatever you have on it at Jodo, then recreate the account. But, like mentioned above, you need to change your nameservers to your own: ns3.moieu.ws and ns4.moieu.ws (assuming that is your reseller acct).

I hope that helps.
Tim

You know Tim, we need some privacy around...

I do own the domain, and you gave me a clue...

About changing the settings, no way! In the beginning they fixed it like that and I am using it till the end. They should have fixed mine :)

Thanks alot Tim

Back