Need public FTP

Hey,

I have a client needing to send large files. I need to create an FTP account for her to upload to a directory on makstudios.com. I cannot find out how in the cpanel. On my old hosting cpanel. I sould just click add user and fill in the forms and it was done. how do I do it in H-Sphere? This is a VERY time sensitive matter so if anyone knows please help. I would appreciate it!!!

Ok, I have read the documentation more... I converted makstudios.com to a dedicated IP like asked. and the documentation has all these options that my cpanel does not. I am very frustrated! I only have ONE ftp account and that is mine. there is no options to add accounts like the documentation says. Whats up???

Is it a windows account? Multi FTP users is only supported under Linux. You can email support and they might make you a extra FTP username but I am not 100% on that. Also the only time dedicated IP is needed is for anonymous FTP...

Internal Error, Tech Support Was Notified

Can anything just work in this darn cpanel?? really? I have clients breathing down my neck! I just want to make this work. I followed all the directions and nothing!

Thanks Markey, but it says that you can add a virtual ftp account allowing sub-ftp in windows. In the docs, it says ftp-bub accounts (for unix only) and then below it it says, virtual ftp accounts but doesnt specify for unix, so i fugure it is for windows as an alternative. I need a windows account for my asp programs being created, but I also need an ability to let clients upload large files. aaaaggg....

There is no support for more than one FTP user via the CP for Windows servers... This is somthing that will come out with the new version of Hsphere but until then all windows sub-ftp accounts need to be added by hand.

Back