Network Fued & Blackouts?

manopb

Perch
Has anyone been effected by this?

You can read the story here:
Tech News at ZDNet

I have found that connecting to MSN.com unavailable (no big loss there), but I wonder about email and sites that I have being unavailable.

Oh yes, the depeering of Cogent by Level3 has lead to a number of routing issues from what I know.

However, it has not been an issue for us, as we have many carriers to route around the problems, but for many it is a big issue.

I have been told by a couple of my customers, in the Memphis, Tennessee area and that subscribe to Time Warner's Road Runner broadband service, that they are currently in a blackout for any web address other than the local Road Runner network pages. 8o

A Time Warner customer service rep. informed one of my clients that is was due to the network fued and did not have information as to when the problem would be resolved.

That is quite odd, a cable company is running 100% single homed, and it sounds like the next hop is level3 from cogent, regardless, ouch! That is a mess.

My sites got nailed with that on my former provider, which was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak, which is why I recently moved my sites to JodoHost.

One of my customers has been unable to access our email server from their regular service provider since this has happened. Fortunately, he's one of my nicer/better informed customers and understands that it's not our fault that his ISP is caught up in this...

Back