Network issue

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We are checking a network issue, we do not have more info at the momentm some servers are not working well.

We are having an issue with our fiber that seems pretty major, we are working on it at top priority

Our fiber connection is flapping badly we are working with the provider to find what is going on, we have restarted all our switches and the problem continues so it is not on out side.

It is up, and then down, and then up again, and back down.

fiber company data engineer is giving 30-45min eta.

it is an issue on their switch that is causing the flapping

Stephen is unable to post here.

Engineer at the fiber company is still checking this out, we are staying in touch as much as possible to the NOC (we can't talk directly to him as it will prevent him from getting fixed as well)

I am not able to post many updates due to being on the phone continually.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work through this matter.

No new update as of yet it is beyond the initial ETA as the engineer actually had to come into the datacenter and was not able to do it remote.
It sounds to ME(only me) like there may be some interface issue, but no confirmation on this matter yet.

I have changed locations so I can now be online and on the phone at the same time. The Engineer is working on the management interface now as it is causing this matter.

Packetloss has varied between 30-80% during this time

RESOLVED.

I don't have the details yet about to get to talk to the engineer he is finsihing up

OK Here is the detail, we are connected to a fiber ring that is dual homed, one of the links went down due to a cut that the details are still being investagated on. A team has already been sent to resolve this, however due to the fiber cut more traffic started passing through the managmenet interface of the fiber switch. There was a failure in this fiber switch that the engineering team had to resolve. They did this via software tonight, but said they may need to replace the management module in the coming days, they will per their SLA give us 10 days notice of this and we will make you aware immediately if this is the case.

This is most of the detail I got tonight that I am able to share(the rest was just technical jargon and circuit Ids affected that would mean nothing)

Back