New Email Policy

shamrox

Perch
I don't mind the new policy, actually I like it, but I wish you would have given us more time to implement it on our side. I need to download the form on my site and also setup other arrangements for them to send to me so I can send to jodohost.

Just my 2 cents,
Sean

Hi Sean

I would have loved and really wished to have given more time, but we have had very little time ourselves. Level3 has been threatening to deactivate our mail server IPs unless we took some immediate action to proactively prevent spamming.

But I do believe this would be a very beneficial policy in ensuring our mail server is never blacklisted

Resellers are not required to send their customer forms to us. They can handle that side themselves, anyway they want to.

We just want a signed form from the reseller and after that they can ask for any domain under their reseller account to be excluded. We are assuming that you as a reseller would have ensured your customer is educated about spam

I did get a copy of the form(didn't know I was setup to get them :) ), I just tested and did not recieve any bounce message.

Can you send me a PM with the bounce message you got?

I resent the form again. Hopefullt it will not come back this time. I have to say though, your trying to make a over priced and over rated ISP service (AOL) make decisions for everyone when you should not be.

Barry,

We got the email, domains are being looked up and added.

It would be best for everyone to send a list of domains for speed in getting them in the system.

This is really more than an AOL issue, but AOL is BIG BIG ISP, and it is Level3 that is more important than AOL, and AOL knows the right people at Level3, even if they won't take them time to look at their own faulty Anti-Spam

Thanks Stephen. I am personally trying to remove all AOL emails accounts from our daily newsletter by asking them to use another email account or better yet, change ISP's :D

Just a note to everyone, Compuserve, Walmart Connect,and Netscape Internet are all AOL. :)

In regards to the 50 emails limit per email address....

One of my customers is a school. The principal may create an email with a distribution list of 100+ teachers in the TO: field in Outlook. He'll click to send the school-wide message only one time.

Does that count as 1 email or 100+ emails???

I want to make sure we get you the correct answer on this, are you talking about a:
1: Newletter list on Hsphere newletter tool
2: Outlook group that he/she would select the group in the address book from?

(it sounds like 2, just want to verify)

Yeah, #2. Because I know, for instance, a lot of people have joke email lists and it might get sent out to 20 of their friends at a time when they are only really sending the email out one time from their mail client. So that could breech your upper limit of mails very quickly.

I'm not thinking of a newsletter app that sends out to each email in teh list one at a time in an automated fashion. Just multiple addresses in a "TO:", "CC:" or "BCC:" field in an email client.

LegalAlien's post was edited, we got the point of it, no need to give a spammer any ideas.

But there are other means of blocking them, not just the from:, but that example should not setoff anything.

Edit by Stephen

(sorry if you feel this is inappropriate, but I didn't wan't to totally delete that you had a post, I just really didn't think it needed to be here, take it up with me in PM if you wish)

LegalAlien said:
LegalAlien's post was edited, we got the point of it, no need to give a spammer any ideas.

But there are other means of blocking them, not just the from:, but that example should not setoff anything.

Edit by Stephen

(sorry if you feel this is inappropriate, but I didn't wan't to totally delete that you had a post, I just really didn't think it needed to be here, take it up with me in PM if you wish)

:D LOL - I was kind of expecting you to say I was incorrect, but I guess I wasn't. Sorry - I certainly don't want to help them - if there's one thing I can't stand - it's spam!!

The idea behind the cap is that it would not affect normal email users that use their email for routine communication. But for those intending to send newsletters or large mail distributions, they would have to take permission for this and in the process, reinforce to them the fact that unsolicited bulk emailing won't be tolerated

This policy is in to ensure that our IPs remain off blacklists and customers can have a problem-free emailing experience

Back