New forum layout, suggestions?

Drew

Community Chief
Hello Everyone!

In an effort to get the forums a little more active i thought a new forum layout would be a nice change :)

I have come up with the following layout. If you have any suggestions on any new forums or anything else, let me know!

Suggested new layout:

Announcements
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- General Announcements
All general news and announcements regarding JodoHost services and its policies will be posted here

- Network Outages and Updates
All critical news and announcements regarding network and server status will be posted here​

Customer Support
- General Support
Need help with getting setup or got questions for JodoHost? This is the place to go!
Sub Forums:
- Database Support, Email Support, Billing Support, Domain Support​
- Pre-Sales
Get answers to any service questions you may have.

General Web Coding
- Microsoft Development
Discussion on ASP, ASP.NET, MSSQL, etc.

- PHP and MySQL
Discussion on PHP. Get help, ask questions, and help others.

- Cold Fusion MX
Discussion on Cold Fusion MX.

- Other Languages
Discussion on other programming languages that are not listed above.​

Community
- Chit-Chat
All off-topic discussion goes here

- New Members & Introductions
If you are new to the forums and JodoHost, start here with an introduction!

- Website Reviews
Show off your site and get others to review and critize it.

- Suggestions/Feedback
Feel free to post your suggestions and give feedback about JodoHost services here​

- Drew

edit, Oct 25: I just added a Cold Fusion MX forum.
edit, Oct 26: I just added some extra sub forums to the General Support forum.
edit, Oct 26: I just removed the Account Setup forum. Since there arnt that many posts about account setup, there really isnt much need for the forum. Please there are a few other support forums to post questions :)

wow. we need some changes in the template too (like getting rid of the purple colour!)

forum layout looks good. you might want to have a Cold Fusion MX forum because thats becoming popular here at Jodohost.

I do have plains to apply a new skin. But the problem is that this forum is using a new version of vBulletin and there are no skins that support this version. So until RC, we are stuck with this forum :(

Thanks for reminding me on the Cold Fusion MX forum. I will add that to the list!

A general help forum would be nice as well (like we have now) for software, hardware and internet issues

Yash said:
A general help forum would be nice as well (like we have now) for software, hardware and internet issues

Thats what the "General Support" forum is for :p

But i can always make another forum just for software, hardware and internet issues if you want?

What would you guys think about a "Graphics and Multimedia" forum?

Something for discussion on web graphics and flash.

Drew said:
What would you guys think about a "Graphics and Multimedia" forum?

Something for discussion on web graphics and flash.
Not much seen such questions here. So General or Other can be used for them. Too many forums is not good as well ;)

StPatrick said:
Too many forums is not good as well ;)

I was thinking the same. Just making sure there wasn't a bigger demand for a graphics forum than i thought :)

I think the layout for the forums is just about perfect :D

Drew said:
I was thinking the same. Just making sure there wasn't a bigger demand for a graphics forum than i thought :)

I think the layout for the forums is just about perfect :D

"Other Languages" can include flash, multimedia, etc.

FreeWilly said:
umm.. so what competitions does Drew plan to hold? :D
(it says you will in that announcement)
Where does it say that?

I do plain on having some competitions. Just havnt decided yet. I will be posting some more probably tomorrow or monday.

yep, that would be great.

How about just have one big forum called customer support and within that you have general support and the other Q & A forums (database, email, web/dns, etc). That way customers won't get confused (like they are now) about where to post.

I just rebuilt the forums. I hope you all like the new forums and layout.

Next thing to work on is new user titles and when the forum version goes RC a new theme 8)

Maybe a section for 3rd party product support. Like help getting Invison Portal, Rainbow, phpNuke, Post Nuke, phpBB, etc working.

brawney said:
Maybe a section for 3rd party product support. Like help getting Invison Portal, Rainbow, phpNuke, Post Nuke, phpBB, etc working.
Hmm, it all can go into the programming sections (phpNuke and phpBB to PHP, etc.) Really, no need of too much forums here, you'll get lost quickly.

StPatrick said:
Hmm, it all can go into the programming sections (phpNuke and phpBB to PHP, etc.) Really, no need of too much forums here, you'll get lost quickly.
I think you're right. It could go in the programming sections. I was just throwing out what I could think of.

Back