New Forum

Greggers

Perch
Is there anywhere to change personal settings back to old layout?

The new layout with the posters headers at the top of each posting is :sick: Makes reading threads harder.

acer said:
I am using firefox to post this and everything is working great

scotty 32 and i are not able ot see quick reply links and are only able to post by using the main form not quick reply

also in IE it says quote and firefox says reply so its not so much of a bug within our setting but seems its ment to be

Actually, the upper post header is becoming more and more popular from what I am seeing. More users are preferringthat.

Both of them work well for me. I'll wait to hear more opinions before making a decision

Yash (as you redirected me here)

why has everything suddenly sprung to life?
i havent changed any settings, yet Quick Reply works, and buttons in the Post Form

was there an Anti-Firefox option that was accidently turned on? ;)

well, my opinion on the layout still stands, even if the Anti-Firefox feature was disenabled:tongue:

I am really impressed to see what AJAX can do. This is something I must learn more about. Try editing your post and see what it can do

Yash said:
I am really impressed to see what AJAX can do. This is something I must learn more about. Try editing your post and see what it can do
ahhh wow - i see wot you mean

not bad

so you sure you didnt disable firefox ;)

Emagine said:
scotty 32 and i are not able ot see quick reply links and are only able to post by using the main form not quick reply

also in IE it says quote and firefox says reply so its not so much of a bug within our setting but seems its ment to be
Interesting; I'm seeing the exact opposite. The IE reply-with-quote button says "Reply" and FF says "Quote". Also, in IE there is no quick reply button.

Not that it matters that much to me, being a FF user, but did you turn off the IE support? :D

Yash said:
The quick reply button in IE is right next the Quote button. It simply consists of a small image
That's exactly what I see with FF. In IE there is only a single button - no other graphic or text or link of any kind in the lower right corner of the message box.

EDIT: Opera also looks the same as IE, regardless of how it identifies itself (Opera, Mozilla, or IE).

Lest anyone think I'm losing my mind, here's a screen shot of my IE window:

newforum.jpg

Note the single button on Yash's post. Mine has an extra button for editing, of course.

sonata said:
Lest anyone think I'm losing my mind, here's a screen shot of my IE window:

newforum.jpg

Note the single button on Yash's post. Mine has an extra button for editing, of course.

i get the same as this

Ok,sorry, but I'm just posting to see what this AJAX thing is about.

Edit: No difference in posting, but editing is done in place. Cool.

Back